Quick questions about a small indoor grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SWiiG, Jul 2, 2011.

1. #1 SWiiG, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
    What's up everyone.

I've been researching a lot about growing methods and what not and I'm planning on starting my first indoor grow pretty soon. Before I start I just have a few questions.

I only plan on growing one plant at a time since my space is very limited. Is it possible to keep the plant short (no taller than 3 feet), and be able to induce flowering? I know the yield won't be very big, but I'm not a huge smoker and I'm interested in this as more of a hobby. With a plant this size, roughly how long could I expect to harvest it from germination?

Also if I were to grow a plant that size (about 3 feet), how bad will it smell?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit: This is something along the lines of what I'm talking about. Is this achievable for a first time grower?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5LUNB0DlA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. Yes just keep lights close and it doesnt really matter how tall it is on how much its going to smell its the strain. Id avoid skunk etc...

3. #4 bablok, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  4. #5 rhapsodyrcks, Jul 2, 2011
    The plants I have grown never really have smelled. I could smell them when I opened up the tent sometimes or if I put my face near it. You should still have odor control stuff. I have a ONA Gel quart in my tent and a DIY ONA bucket outside.

How big your plant gets is really determined more on how big was it going into flowering. Good rule of thumb is 3 to 1 ratio. I started some Widows at 8 inches and they got to 30..so they increased in size more then 3x.

Harvest to germination well depends how long you have it in veg stage. Then on average most mj plants take 60 days in flowering.

If you want a fast plant look into autos. I have 2 autos towards the end of flowering I planted them May 1 and in about 2 weeks I will be harvesting them. Autos flower on a internal clock they do not pay attention to light or seasons. Easy grow.

5. Can you recommend some strains that aren't very potent? I don't really know a lot about the characteristics

6. Hmm idk i think dutch passion purple star is like 6% thc i dont think it should stink too much and its a beautiful strain

7. Go to a online seed bank they all list the THC level. That will give you a measure of how strong the end product can be.

8. #9 bablok, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    O yeah but potency has nothing to do with smell its genes but like i said purple star is a good choice and shouldnt stink

9. or, grow bagseed. just a though, but since you run a high risk of killing your plant, best not to have too much money sunk into it for a first time grow. and also, genetics determine what happen with the size. most sativa's or even crosses that are sativa dom. or 50/50 stretch quite a bit.

10. thanks for the help everyone. I'll probably just end up using a bagseed for my first attempt, and hope it doesn't stink -_-

11. #12 capitate, Jul 2, 2011
    Pick a short strain and keep the vegging period short. Or do an autoflower. Look for A low odor variety. trust me, some strains reek. Use a short strain, short vegging period and there's no reason you couldn't grow a plant like this one or something even fatter. You've been reading, right? now GROW!