quick question :)

Discussion in 'General' started by greenzy93, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hello everybody,

im traveling to America soon and wondering if it would be possible the bring back a bowl (no bong just a bowl) back to Australia without any fuss.

If it is picked up in customs would it be safer to play it dumb and be like "hurr derr thought it was a souvenir", or say its only for tobacco use. i wont be using it, so there wont be any resin or traces of mary jane in it.

Also how is everyone?

Thanks.:)

2. As long as you don't use it, just stick it in your checked in luggage.

3. com on im seeing views but no comments
    any input would be appreciated :eek:

also anybody from san fran in here?

4. I thought, at first, you were wanting to bring a bowl full back to Au... anywhooo
    I'd mail it back, why carry it? FedEx it and forget about it... in that case ya might be able to get a bowl full shipped (discretely) as well!

5. Here listen if it has any rez at all clean it with iso alcohol if its clean you should be good have a little baggie of tobacco next to it to make it look legit.

6. ive considered mailing but unfortunately my parents are anti pot :mad:
    and no the bowl wont have any resin in it at all, thanks for the tip though:)

just wondering if seeing a small glass piece would raise attention to customs at all?

7. I tried to bring back a small, completely clear glass pipe from amsterdam. it was in my carry on, a black backpack. the airport in Belgium didnt care, and although they went through my bag, they only took some mustard i had bought(too much liquid or somethin) they said nothing about the pipe. When i got the US, they tore apart, (and i mean TORE APART) my bag because they thought i was bringing something back. they said the pipe was peraphernalia because of where i was coming from. they even took rolling papers i had brought back.

thinking back though, the one place No one ever checked was my cigs, which i had in my pocket the whole time. US and Belgium airports. no one so much as opened them, much less dump them out... makes me wonder if i could have gotten some hash back to the US.

i dunno if that answered the question, just my experiences.

8. thanks heaps that did help :)
    i also have another idea
    should i just put it in my pocket :D

9. Just wrap it up in some socks or something and put it in your clothes suitcase.

:)

I don't see why this wouldn't work. Good luck. :smoke:

10. Just make sure the res is cleaned good and you should not have any problems.

11. You should be good just putting it in a bag, and go home.:)

12. Just put it in your checked luggage wrapped in some socks like WHL said. Should work fine.

13. #13 FlaTransplant, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    I need to ask the question; Why are you even ENTERTAINING carrying this thing on you personally through 2 airport security checks when you can just ship the thing? It really seems an unnecessary aggravation to me, everything from the "Gee, I wonder if they're gonna check my socks? to any other potential neurotic thought this poor guy might be prone too? It gets to your home maybe 2-3 days later than you do, its insured, and it probably ain't broke.

Really?

14. thanks?
    as i said earlier i cant ship it, as much as i would like to.
    i was just asking for others input and experiences as to whether i would be stopped with suspension of carrying paraphernalia or not, just for a bowl, or cold i pass it as something else.
    no need to get hasty now :)

15. one of my friends was in a somewhat similar situation a couple years ago actually. he went to california for a couple weeks in the summer and and ended up buying a bong while he was down there. he never used it and put it in his carry on. as his bag was going through security, the cop saw the bong. he made a little joking comment and let it go through. if someone does say something about it, just say its for tobacco. i wouldn't risk using it before, even if you plan on cleaning it.

he was only flying from california to chicago too.

16. Its so hard to convey tone here, my apologies....
    I'm not certain what could prohibit you from shipping it back... but with that said.
    The inspectors have WIDE discretionary powers, and I've seen a few who can be dicks. Anecdotally we've heard that others have had their luggage "torn apart". If its found you risk antagonizing them... that's a given.
    I wish ya well though...

17. Be careful, man. I wish I could tell you something different, but our border protection does not offer the same rights as your country does. As long as the right people don't like you, they can use the USA PATRIOT Act to deny you of any of the basic human rights that you may have enjoyed in your country.

I have heard horrible stories of US Customs throwing people soaking wet in a small holding cell for hours or confiscating all of their personal belongings for no reason.

I think it is perfectly legal to transport a clean glass pipe across the border. If there is any resin in it, you run the risk of being expedited on drug trafficking charges. Our country has bigger things to worry about than someone bringing a resonated pipe across the border, but you have to remember that cannabis prohibition has its worldwide roots in America, and you cannot trust our government with what it says at all.

There are some paraphernalia laws in effect, but I am almost certain that these are state-rules and you will not encounter any problems with that at the border. They're more worried about the drugs than the paraphernalia.

18. yeh i dislike that about typing conversations haha
    thanks for the input :)

19. i hear ya alpha
    well thanks guys i think i have enough to ponder about now
    ill defiantly research more, unfortunately the customs website isn't too helpful for this topic:mad:
    thanks guys

20. Don't address it to your parents then? Address it to yourself...unless they open your mail?

If the bowls clean then you shouldn't have any problems getting it back to australia. However..if customs does search your stuff then that bowl may get pulled out of your bag infront of your parents...

So again..unless your parents open their adult sons mail...then mailing is the safest in my opinion.