1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question!!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by pyrotec420, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ight wen do i put my polants on 18/6 cycle??? after ive had it on 24/7 . how tall shouold it be before i change the cycle
    thanks alot

2. both are veg cycles, you can just switch it to 18/6 when you feel like it...........Peace out........Sid

3. not saying this makes a difference, but i noticed one. run your plants for 2 weeks 24/0 then switch the cycle to 18/6 for the rest of veg, then 12/12 for flowering.

i noticed increased growth from the 24/0 switch to the 18/6. so go 18/6 for most of your veg. but again its up to you. :)

4. i think this "increase" u speak of is a mix of 2 things.

1, at the age of 2weeks the plants roots have become old enough and big enough to surport a fast growing plant and the growth spurt u noticed is normal regardless of light cycle.

2, some streach from getting less light.

if u had left the lights on 24/0 the growth increase wud of been gr8r than than that which u had but without streach.

if u had started on 18/6 then swapped to 24/0 @ 2weeks the growth increace from relatively smaller plants wud of been even more impresive.

longer growing time = more growth. mj does not need a rest @ night so 24/0 = fastest growth

downside: plants raised on 24/0 can take longer to start to flower, this can b offset by giving the plants 36 hrs of dark at the start of the flowering cycle.

5. makes sense to me, there was also other contributing factors, a replant into bigger pots, and a small bit of concentrated nitrogen.

Grasscity Deals Near You