Quick Question!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pyrotec420, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ight wen do i put my polants on 18/6 cycle??? after ive had it on 24/7 . how tall shouold it be before i change the cycle
    thanks alot

2. both are veg cycles, you can just switch it to 18/6 when you feel like it...........Peace out........Sid

3. not saying this makes a difference, but i noticed one. run your plants for 2 weeks 24/0 then switch the cycle to 18/6 for the rest of veg, then 12/12 for flowering.

i noticed increased growth from the 24/0 switch to the 18/6. so go 18/6 for most of your veg. but again its up to you. :)

4. i think this "increase" u speak of is a mix of 2 things.

1, at the age of 2weeks the plants roots have become old enough and big enough to surport a fast growing plant and the growth spurt u noticed is normal regardless of light cycle.

2, some streach from getting less light.

if u had left the lights on 24/0 the growth increase wud of been gr8r than than that which u had but without streach.

if u had started on 18/6 then swapped to 24/0 @ 2weeks the growth increace from relatively smaller plants wud of been even more impresive.

longer growing time = more growth. mj does not need a rest @ night so 24/0 = fastest growth

downside: plants raised on 24/0 can take longer to start to flower, this can b offset by giving the plants 36 hrs of dark at the start of the flowering cycle.

5. makes sense to me, there was also other contributing factors, a replant into bigger pots, and a small bit of concentrated nitrogen.