quick question

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kranko, Oct 13, 2007.

1. What about starting new seedlings, should I use new soil instead of the scotts shit. what about the reveg whats up wit the yellowing and those spots? thanks again...

2. fush that scotts soil and it maybe ok for seedlings, see if you can locate "fafard soils"
    they seem to be the easiest on seedlings

On the re-veg plant, I dont see the yellowing spots, the stalks are very purple though, is that always been like that due to genitics?

3. I think its about a 90% chance that the purple stems are genetics. They were like that all through the first time around also, so Im pretty sure its genetics, look at pic 3 and 4 there is only one part of the plant that is spotting, its almost like a mildew. What so u think bout the yellowing of the reveg. Its barely been ferted ( 1/4 dose in the last gallon of flush) I m gonna get new soil, I dont wanna waist good seeds, and one final Q, there are no ferts in the scotts, so why flush... um just curious as to why. Nice call on the Ammoniacal Nitrogen, I cant give ya anymore rep or it be there.... I have to spread it around first

4. on the reveg plants you want to start pushing the ferts, higher in nitrogen

Scotts soils are "Miracle Grow" same company .....Hyponex is aswell , every scotts soil Ive researched so far contained ferts, have you found something that doesnt contain ferts for certain??

scotts soils have been ridiculed as have MG soils ... for seedlings

5. Your right as usual after closer examination the scotts has .09% soluble potash so it does have nutes. The other seedlings r looking worse so today I got this cheap $1.80 soil from lowes called like garden advantage, it has no ferts and I hope this soil works, its tough finding a good soil around here especially with lowes and HD dominating the market, i waisted so many good Elvis diesel and m-39 beans on shitty soil, it really pisses me off. but theres another lesson learned.

6. if your in doubt about the soil containg ferts .....flush it before you use it to leech out all the ferts

7. Ok the spotting is getting worse and is spreading around the plant, Its pretty easy to see, and I don't know what it is?? the new dirt helped the seedlings too.

Attached Files:

8. better do a soil runoff test, who knows what the rootball holds, it's the re-veg plant correct

9. Yea its the reveg, I just did a flush a week and a half ago and have not watered since until today with nutes (what about that mg and ph question thats y I asked) should I still do a runoff??

10. I think you can recover the plant faster by rinsing the soil from the rootball and transplanting into the scotts soil;)

11. No ph is dead on 6.6, I hope I can clone without carrying over this problem

12. "J"

Id transplant, flush out all the old soil , it maybe your not even penetrating the rootball when you take the runoff or flush.....its a re-veg with quite a root system now...thats been fed and may have salts buildup in a tight root ball

weve seen enough sour rootballs in here to know it happens

now you have a use for that scotts soil

13. I always liked that holland bloom booster soil, u think I can use that, thats the soil its been in for months. or should i use thats scotts. nearly how bouts that mg all purp will, it drop ph drastically when mixed in phed water, any soil made by mg sort a makes me nervous, Im gonna transplant today, thanx

14. should be fine & yes the MG ferts will drop the PH a point or so like most other ferts