Quick question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Libtech1, Dec 31, 2016.

1. My plant here is getting close to my light and don't really have anymore room to go up. What should I do?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Are you not embarrassed to post this on GC? You did not figure the size of your grow room before you planted. Now you appear to be un-educated in the eyes of master growing blades.

Let it grow all the way to the light and then harvest. I wish you the best. Your plant looks dank.

3. Crush the main stem with pliers for several inches.. It acts as a strain relief and will let you fold that main stem over without snapping the stem.. The fluids will flow past the damage and the top will finish in a 90 degree position..
    I use this to keep sativa plants from topping the wall and being seen from next door or the street..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. I had a plant with a similar situation. Using plant ties I lightly pulled the plant so that is was like a sideways "S" shape. It actually improved the plant. The lower buds that wouldn't get much light were now exposed to some nice quality light.

• Like Like x 1
  5. When u say crush you mean just damage enough to bend correct? Then should I just tie it down with something? This is the biggest sativa I've done. Normally I start flower between 8-12 inches this one I did at 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. It shouldn't be stretching too much more looks pretty late in flower. Think you will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't even think it's to close to the light IMO. But if it does get to close Brass already gave you the answer. I put my light closer then that in flower. It's done stretching it may fatten up but it's not to close your fine Bro.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. @Libtech1
    How much length to crush depends on how stiff the stalk is.. Some softer plants only need a few inches to give enough to pull over.. Others like my last big outside sativa needed about 18 inches of crush before I could pull her top over without snapping.. She was one that never really did stop stretching and every week I'd do more damage and pull her top over further.. Do a mix of gently pulling the top over and start crushing as low as you'd like the bend to start.. Thumb and finger may be enough to do the job but if not then drag out the lineman pliers and get down on some bondage on her :) I've done this more then a few times and my advice is to crush more then you think it needs.. If you snap the main stem it's usually game over for everything above the snap.. Pre-crushing the stem prevents that snap and the cessation of fluids past the break.. Tying down the top will keep it from trying to stand back up and it will.. A weight works just as well..
    BNW

9. Cmon really?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shorten the chains of your light

• Like Like x 2
  11. No. Not really. You did not sign up for this forum to impress anyone.

12. Correct - I did not nor do I try to.

So a newb comes in asking what his best options are and this is the best response you can come up with - to talk down to & belittle him?

"Are you not embarrassed to post this on GC? You did not figure the size of your grow room before you planted. Now you appear to be un-educated inthe eyes of master growing blades."

Whatever.

J

13. I agree....kind of an asshat response. We all start somewhere. I agree with others, stretch should be done so you'll probably be ok. If your really concerned..get the bending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Your good bro. Typically, once the stretch is done, my canopy is around a foot from the panel.
    Looking good

15. I've had my plant grow right up into the led and not bother it she should be done growing I'd think that far along in bud

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk