Quick question???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by merdachronix, Mar 3, 2016.

1. So I have a 2x3 foot area trying to set up for a mother. I want to use t5ho's but I'm unsure of how many to use and if I should add a few as side lighting as well what would be the best way to go about this? Any input please. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 24" ones perhaps 3 or 4, heard side lighting helps but never used.

3. For a single mother you don't need a lot. A 4 bulb 2foot t5 would be plenty in my opinion. You don't need vigorous growth from a mother in most scenarios.

4. Either a 2 ft, 4 bulb fixture or a 4 ft 4 bulb would be great. No need to worry so much about side lighting while in veg if you've got enough overhead light. Without bud production, most strains can get more than enough light from overhead to get them to grow big and healthy. It's when they start to flower that the canopy gets really really thick and light has a major problem penetrating more than 8-10 inches down. But one light overhead will be fine for a single mother. Heck, I've got 2 4ft. 4 bulb fixtures and I will keep 35-40 plants going with them in different stages of life at once. Good luck with it. TWW

5. Thank you all for the input. I think I'm going to go with a 2ft 4 bulb fixture. Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app