Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quick question regarding making canna-oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PistolBerserk, Nov 18, 2011.

1. #1 PistolBerserk, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
    I plan on using the oven method for making my canna oil.
    found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...-easiest-single-serving-canna-oil-recipe.html

What i'm inquiring about is say today-friday i grind up weed and mix it with the amount of oil i will be baking it with, and store it in a jar. Then after the weekend on monday(3 days later), use the mixture and bake it using the instructions in the thread above.

Will there be any negative effects of having it pre mixed and stored in the oil before i actually put it in the oven to cook? If anything, wouldn't it make it more potent? or would it not have any effect on the finished product?

2. shouldnt have any negative effect if properly stored. You can even store it in the freezer if you would like, although I don't see this being necessary if you are just wanting it to stay in the fridge for a few days

3. on second thought

I left my last batch of budder sit in the fridge for a few days before I used it, and they still worked well.

I've also got a couple of oz's of canna oil in my fridge right now. I've just got them in glasses covered tight with saran wrap. Might move the oil to the freezer if I don't plan to use it in the next day or two.

And I don't see how it could negatively affect your product other than what you used to make the edible (butter, veggie oil, canola oil, ect...) going bad. In fact, I could only see the thc further mixing into the oil (especially if you leave your trimmings or whatever in the oil and strain again before use). This is all just from reasoning, if someone has some scientific or experimental data to actually show us, that would be great.