Quick question. Quick response please?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flight96, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hey, quick question about what the distance my light should be from my plants.

Im using a 400w HPS which is in an air cooled hood. Is putting my plants about 10 and a half inches away from the light going to cause stretching? Thanks alot.

I will upload a pic if you really need me to. But i didn't think it's really necessary.

2. hey flight. you want your light as close to ur plants as possible.since u have a air cooled hood i would drop the light down some.a good way to test if the light is to close is put ur hand inbetween ur plant and light and lower the light till u start to feel it get warm then you should be good.if it is hot for ur hand then it is hot for ur plant.. i have my air cooled 400w about 3" from the top of my plant but temps in my area are around 20 deg and i use the outside air to cool them so i can get them really close.hope this helps

3. I'm sorry i should've been a little bit more specific. My plants are getting to the point where they are kissing the glass of my hood. It is time for them to be lowered. However instead of moving the light. I use milk crates to adjust the distance of my plants to the light. By taking off one milk crate it puts my plants at 10 inches away from my light. I was just wondering if having them this distance will cause them to start stretching?

Thanks for the help by the way.

4. The first link was good help but still looking for more opinions.