Quick question: PVC yes or no

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oscar1984, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Just picked up $100 worth of PVC to make modualr SCROG's then saw some pictures of what PVC did to plants that were grown in certain tents that used PVC for the support pieces of the tent. Not sure if things have changed or not but will making a frame for the trellis'es out of this PVC be a problem down the road?

Thank You!

2. And what did the PVC do to those plants?

3. Not sure if your trying to be comical or not? But the PVC was possibly releasing gas when heated by the bulb destroying the plant matter. The only reason I am asking this question is that all over this forum it seems as though PVC is what has been used to make these mobile scrogs without concern to plant health....so should I continue?

4. Went ahead and built the six scrog stands/netting supports out of PVC...is there anything that I can spray them with to prevent them from releasing toxic gas (if this is true) to prevent damage to the girls? Something along the lines of a ceramic spray paint or clear coat?

Thanks

5. For anyone that may run into this post in the future I have found the answer on the use of PVC in your setup. PVC will not be a problem:hello:

6. It wasn't the PVC that caused the off-gassing problem in those grow tents, but rather the material used to make the inside of those tents. I've never heard of any issues with PVC at all.

7. nice, I was just looking into using pvc to create a cfl light setup.