Quick Question on Press Exercises

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by infiniteawesome, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Okay, so i don't really lift heavy weights, I'm much more into body weight exercises and their more difficult variations.

BUT, I do plan on lifting heavy once I've mastered alot of different body weight skills/exercises and I was very curious as to why the Overhead Press is so often overlooked in many traditional weight lifting regiments. The Bench Press is one of the most common exercises I've seen on people's lists, but the Overhead Press is only occasionally mentioned.

Isn't the Overhead Press a more technical exercise as it engages so many more different muscles than just the biceps and chest like the Bench Press does?

I don't know, it just seems that more guys would favor the Overhead Press as it appears to be more of a compound exercise and develops the same muscles as the Bench Press plus many more! Not to mention the Overhead Press is just a more impressive exercise as all the weight is on your legs and shoulders rather than on the bench..

Comments and Opinions are welcomed!

2. My opinion is same with you. Physical fitness is very important to lead a healthy and happy life. I take physical exercise regularly. Every one should take physical exercise regularly. Because it's not all about the health, it's all about the mental satisfaction.