Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick question on pipe fuming...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by theway2go, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I like this pipe Handpipe- Heavy Inside Out Silver - Dutch - Grasscity.com but was wondering would the white miky colour just stay white even when resin builds up? if not, what colour do you think it will go to because i dont like white, its kind of boring. Its silver fumed which is why i think its got so much white, there is a gold fumed version which has other colors (but mostly orange) instead of white.

Thanks

2. Well depends on how transparent it is. If it is, you'll likely see the resin build up, it'll just get darker. Also, this is probably a good thing cause then you can see when to clean it out. The gold fumed version sounds badass though.

3. The white in that pipe is all white(ish) glass... The fuming is blue (silver)

4. What do you mean? how can "white" get darker? and here is the gold version of it, it also had a little silver in the gold version aswell.. Handpipe- Heavy Inside Out Gold - Dutch - Grasscity.com

5. im confused? all the glass is white and the fuming is blue? but you can clearly see some glass that has no colour so how is it white glass?

6. I'm saying, all the white that you see is the swirling white/shadowy glass that is twisted through the clear glass.

The fuming (which is blue) is what makes the surface of the inside of the pipe look blue. You can see the blue most in the stem and bowl side, not as clearly towards the mouth piece.

7. It's just that resin is a dark material, so if the pipe is transparent, it will look darker, since there will be resin on the inside. Cleaning will remove the resin and therefore make the pipe look like it originally did. However, if this:

is true, then I do not know what effect the resin will have on appearence.

Also, why not try a color-changing glass?

8. fumed=color changing.

9. so confused right now lol, i thought fuming was colour changing? what is colour changing then?

is the gold version not colour changing? it has variou colours on it? or, could you post any colour changing spoons you think are quite nice so i can see a comparison? Thank you.

10. Alrite Im just as confused. I'd not listen to anything I said. Thai prob has all the info.

11. lol this thread went horribly wrong :rolleyes: dont worry, we both have alot to learn! im not realy very knowledgable with pipes and fuming and what not. Im sort of a joint man myself but im getting into spoon pipes and just want another more quality pipe than my first one which was a little cheap $10 thing i picked up. I wanted something with vibrant colours (mostly purple, my favourite colour) and was just wondering if the white would eventualy turn into another vibrant colour but clearly it will not so thread clossed i geuss. Onto finding another pipe :)