Quick question on indoor setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bonermahoner, Sep 28, 2009.

  1. I'm setting up my indoor rubbermaid grow room and im going out to buy some computer fans for intake/outtake vent. and i wasnt sure how to hook these up to a source of power that isn't an actual computer. i saw some that did but they costed 70-90 dollars. can i rig up the cheap 10 dollar ones to a battery or something? thanks
  2. i found what i was looking for... the problem with little power packs is they don't have enough amperage for multiple fans quite often.

    I found basically a power inverter for use in a house. similar to getting 110V in your car but the opposite. just a light black box that has a house plugin, with a 12V cigarette lighter output (cut the wires, do as you please). it can put out 5.8 Amps at 12 V, and it was $20 at a local liquidation type place... not sure where you could find another, but at least you know what to look for.
  3. Some random words I'll let you piece together

    Radio Shack
    120VAC to 12VDC

    Ok I'll explain.
    Most battery operated devices come with a jack so you can plug it into the wall right? As long as it's got a 12VDC (12 volt direct current) output than it will power the fans.

Share This Page