quick question for the beginning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by papa-smurf, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Would putting seeds in peat moss from germination be bad?

2. I think your question needs to be more vague, leave out even more details... :rolleyes:

Read up in the grow guides and sticky posts at the top of this forum.

3. i have read stickys and posts.

ok..im germinating seed in paper towel and want to know if it would be bad to put the seed in just peat moss, not soil, but peat moss for now? is that ok or would it harm the seed?

4. How much peat moss?
    In what kind of container?
    Under what conditions (lighting, temps, indoor/outdoor, etc)?
    "For now" until when?
    And why, if you are planningn to do something else later? Why not just do that now? And what would that be?

It's almost like you are trying to avoid giving details, so really hard to answer your question. But if all you want is a very general answer, no that isn't necessarily bad.

5. i was just asking if its bad to put a seed in straight peat moss.

I was asking because a friend was doing it and wanted to make sure it was ok.

I dont know what his setup is though, but thanks for the reply bud:smoking:

6. peat moss soil or a peat moss cup?? i guess both would be ok, but why not just germinate them in a dixie cup, and plant them when u see a sprout, just cause u plant a seed dosent mean its gonna grow, let it float in water for about 24 to 48 hours, then if u see it crack plant it under dirt or in your hydro container or what ever, dont set yourself up for failure!!!!