quick question for computer smart people

Discussion in 'General' started by blazedandcrazed, Mar 3, 2009.

1. #1 blazedandcrazed, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    right now im on the desktop computer, which has internet. for some reason my laptop has no internet the past couple of days. i want to watch this movie (ed gein (in the light of the moon), highly recommend it btw), and its on youtube right now. i have part one all loaded on the youtube player already.heres my q:

is it possible to save a youtube page onto a disk or something, then load that file on my laptop, and watch the youtube video on my laptop?

does this even make sense?:smoking:

edit- also what could be an explination for my laptop not having internet?

2. I believe there is an application that lets you download youtube videos into your HD. I don't know what it's called, but it does exist.

3. Use http://keepvid.com/ for downloading youtube videos.

As far as your internet goes, is it wireless or wired?

4. ahhhh thats pretty awsome. my idea was to save the whole page (file, save page as) cuz i figured the vid would be saved as well if it was already fully buffered (i believe thats the term for the red horizontal line on a youtube vid filled all the way out) but i dont even know if that would work so im goin with this.

the laptop is wireless. theres not even the little icon in the bottom right corner that looks like an antenna or something and lights up when you have wireless internet capability (but not necissarily conneciton).

5. If it's wireless, make sure your router is working properly. Make sure you turn your wired connection off, and your wireless connection on (through control panel -> networks). Also make sure, if you have a switch on your computer that turns your wireless card on or off, that it's on.

If that doesn't work, right click on your wireless icon on your taskbar and click "repair", which clears everything out. I've had that problem a few times.

Let me know what happens.

6. i clicked on control panel and theres a thing to click on that is the same antenna icon that should be in the taskbar, but nothing happens when i click on it for some reason. and i turned the switch into the correct position but the little light next to it is still orange, meaning no connection

as for the wireless icon, that too should be in the taskbar but it has gone missing. thats what i usually do when i lose internet but cant because theres no icon to click.:confused_2:

7. ok im very close now. i have it downloaded onto realplayer, i have a flashdrive in, but how do i get the vid onto the flashdrive?

8. Copy the file then paste it in your Flash

9. What O/S are you running?