Quick Question About Trim

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SinsemillaPassion, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Can you just put your trim in a grinder and catch the crystals in the kief catcher?

Not making solid hash just wanna catch the dusty trics.. I have a bit of trim from my harvest, not much, about 13g maybe.

Im just wondering if it'll work so I can smoke the thc crystals in a joint and can get at least something from my sugar leaves

2. I don't think anyone ever done this before. Can't find it on the net, im thinking outside the box here. Maybe you've done it, maybe it don't work or maybe it might do I dunno, I wanna know if anyone has ever done it and the trics get collected from the leaves in the bottom of grinder

3. You could. It you won’t get much kief with a grinder. Best way is with a dry sift tumbler. But they are expensive so build you own that’s what I did. Best toy ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got 34 grams of kief off the trim from my last crop. It gets it ALL.

[​IMG]

Or, get a trimming tray. That’s a good way to separate the trichomes from the flower, especially if you run it through an electric coffee grinder first.

[​IMG]

Or, if you need a faster solution, go to Walmart and get a $10 electric coffee grinder. Run all that 13 grams through that grinder, and most of the trichomes/kief will collect and stick to the lid.

[​IMG]

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. I got the silk screen clothe even the gear

not the time

bummer ..lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Better than having the the silk screen cloth and the gear, but nothing to sift. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Superb post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. How about rolling big cigar size blunts. As long as the taste is ok?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. Brilliant build man! Where did you pick up the screen material?

9. You can get it all day long on eBay. I build tumblers with 150 micron, 125 micron, and 100 micron screens. Website will be finished soon I hope (www.kieftumbler.com)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Have you tried dry ice in there or is it efficient enough without it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. It doesn’t need dry ice. Although it does help to freeze your trim before you run it through a tumbler.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hashmaster 5000.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 3