Quick question about sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WilliamHBonneey, Jul 17, 2013.

1. If a plant shows pistols (hairs) is it a guaranteed female a few of mine just popped today...also how long until I can see the male sacs develop I'm growing from seed thanx!

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.

2. #2 tk86high, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    NO!
    U will not notice pre forming male balls until its about 5-6 weeks into veggie most people don't veggie for that long . So the normal is switch to 12/12 after 4 weeks of veggie and wait 7-14 days before u can see balls forming or just buds forming .
    All weed plants have pistols and right beside that pistol is either 1 ball or many balls .
    1 ball then it's a female (ovary)
    Many small balls its a male .
    So check back with us in a month or so with some pics and we can let u know if its a female or male

3. Got any pics

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. yeah i can go out and take some btw im outdoor bro not indoors in the pacific northwest

5. Lots of wrong here, sorry.

Pistils do mean you have a female plant. Male plants don't have them. Males usually show their sex before females do but it depends on the plant. Male plants put out green little "balls" which are male flower buds. If you see little white or yellow flowers, male for sure.

Pistils (not "pistols") are not the same as the spiky, pointy things you see poking out sideways near where the fan leaf stems grow off the main stalk. Pistils are pale green or white usually and look fuzzy up close. They come in pairs and the first ones usually appear near the main stem two or three nodes down from the top. If you see them, you have a female for sure.

Pistils can appear any time after about 4-5 weeks of veg, but they often don't appear at all until you switch to 12/12 lighting.

6. Don't know how many plants u have grown but that's all wrong buddy . I guess the some 100 plants I've grown we're all Mutants if what ur saying is right ;-)

Anyhow bottom line to the main post u won't fully know until 7-14 days into 12/12 .

7. Capitate is right mate....

8. #8 tk86high, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    Maybe my writing wasn't clear or there is a misunderstanding here but there is no way to say if its s girl Definitely just because of pistils . I've seen plants turn male after u would think its a female .
    Sorry for any misunderstanding but bottom line wait 1-2 weeks after 12/12 and u will know for sure

9. If it has pistils and balls itz a hermie

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. You wrong buddy never seen balls with hairs so capitate was right ... you see white hairs 110% you got a female

Keep calm and grow on
    Kush

11. white hairs yes !, green hairs NO,  i thought we r talking about the green pistils in between the nodes not about the white hairs of course if white hairs start to show its a female, but i thought he was saying once u see the green pistils then its a female . like i said there is a misunderstanding here . 

12. #12 capitate, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    Male plants don't have pistils. Those green spiky things at the nodes of plants are called stipules. [​IMG]

13. #13 tk86high, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    thanks for that pic, im gonna save it on my hard drive , i always get these damn names mixed up . i was talking about the stipules
    Okay i agree with tha t then , sorry for any misunderstanding  :bongin:

14. I thought this thread was about sexting, oh well, I'm out of here. 

15. Ahh you edited it right when I was posting hahaa. At first you said calyx, and I was like.... you're still saying the same thing then!

16. LMFAO yeah i was like hey wait a damn second , i said that shlt wrong again , i need to put down this OG kush J im blazing :D  :bongin:  :bongin:

17. Jeez this has really taken off to be specific I meant white hairs....here's pix of my babies can you help identify them just label pick 1through whatever male or fem 1374179692236.jpg 1374179714473.jpg 1374179734324.jpg 1374179751793.jpg 1374179772641.jpg 1374179791828.jpg 1374179808758.jpg 1374179826842.jpg 1374179844631.jpg

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.

18. Pic 3 shows pistils. Female!