quick question about run off PH and type of water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cbreez420, Oct 21, 2010.

1. 1.... Currently i am using bottled water. (Deer Park or Poland Spring) Its ph is 6.5 and it has a ppm reading of apx 290 (no nutes yet). My tap water has a ph of 6.4 and a ppm reading of 90. I thought i was using bottled water to keep all the other crap out and in turn my tap water has less crap in it. Should i continue to use the bottled water or should i just use tap water?

2.... My runoff on that bottled water is 5.4... (wayy to low... i know...) To fix this would i simply just add water that has had its ph raised to about 7.2??? Not sure how this works or if there is a chart for this sort of thing... I am currently using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.

Here are a couple of pictures so you can see what im dealing with here. Big ones are 3 weeks old today and the smaller ones are a week old...(they are fine right now) Larger plants def showing me signs of something. Growth has slowed. Bottom leaves have brown spots... etc etc etc..

Attached Files:

• 081.jpg
      081.jpg
      File size:
      288.9 KB
      Views:
    • 082.jpg
      082.jpg
      File size:
      680.6 KB
      Views:
    • 083.jpg
      083.jpg
      File size:
      447.5 KB
      Views:
    • 084.jpg
      084.jpg
      File size:
      338.2 KB
      Views:
    • 085.jpg
      085.jpg
      File size:
      440.2 KB
      Views:
    • 086.jpg
      086.jpg
      File size:
      447.1 KB
      Views:
  2. The fact that water comes in a bottle dont mean anything.
    Bottled water routinely tests worst than tap water for all manner of things (to include Nitrates).

If you want to use "pure" water look for Distilled, De Ionized, or Reverse Osmosis.
    But with your tap running 90 ppm I would say you are in pretty good shape.
    Raising your run-off - actually increasing the pH of your soil - can be done with Dolomite Lime worked into the soil.

Beware of salts buildup in the soil .. keep an eye on the PPM of the runoff.