Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quick question about quality

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NorthEastStoner, Nov 16, 2011.

1. so ive heard that its never dank weed if its leafy at all... is this true? i picked up an 8th of what was claimed to be some strain of kush but it has a lot of leaves but also a lot of orange hairs. its also not very crystaly. :confused:

2. im no expert but doesn't leaf just mean its been badly trimmed. Doesn't mean it aint some dank.
    And orange hairs and good.

3. Bad trim man but hey cut them and smoke them or save them for when u run out and need to get stoned

4. That's bullshit. If it has leaf that means the grower just didn't fully trim the buds. I do this myself sometimes because most of the bud I get is kind of leafy. No big deal though, trim it and smoke it or just smoke it how it is. I bet you won't even notice the difference.

5. Last pickup i made half the bud was kinda leafy, but they were just tiny little leaves, and were frosty as fuck, so it didn't matter that much.

As long as there aren't big ass leaves that you can't smoke, it should be fine.

6. Some strains have a lower calyx to leaf ratio but it doesn't mean it's not dank..even leafy buds should be trimmed properly

7. do the leaves have THC and shit in them? or are they just empty smoke?

8. If they have trichs on them then yes.

9. alright thanks guys,

10. I actually like leafy bud. That way you know it hasn't been kiefed. More trics for me.:smoke:

11. Like this? I picked up a gram of this for 20 and it dissapointed me due to all the strangly leaves, but it sure as hell got the job done :p

Attached Files:

12. I pay $40/3.5g and see my dealer every single day. I feel like I get a good enough deal to not complain about a little outside leafyness. The buds underneath are always sexy

13. it may still be kush, just leafy. ive gotten leafy weed before thats still really dank. strain =/= how well its trimmed. leafy could possibly indicate sativa dom. though, which kush is not.

14. [quote name='"JNorris"']Like this? I picked up a gram of this for 20 and it dissapointed me due to all the strangly leaves, but it sure as hell got the job done :p[/quote]

wow... that does look wierd. looks like good shit though

15. I don't know, 20$ for a gram of that is a little much, I pay10$ a gram for bud that is alot denser and way more frosty