quick Question about Pulp Fiction

Discussion in 'Movies' started by HideYoChurren, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Okay guys, so in my favorite movie pulp fiction, why does Samuel L Jackson give the diner robber the cash in his wallet at the end? He didnt have to do that... im just puzzled as to why he didnt keep his own cash from his wallet.

he says "im giving you this money so i dont have to kill you"

also, any speculations on whats in the suitcase? sorry if theres already a thread like this...

2. Because he is tryin reallllllll hard to be the Shepard

3. Somethin shiny, perhaps whoever gave Mia a foot massage after he fell they took his balls and sprayed them gold I could be wrong

4. Like MrNice1 said he's trying to be the shepard. I think it's partly due to the fact that it's dirty money and what with his religious epiphany he's trying to clean his slate before walking the earth.

As for the briefcase there's lots of theories. I like the idea of it being Marsellus Wallace's soul. The combination is 666, and Marsellus has that bandaid on the back of his head which some say is where the devil removes the soul. The soul is the most beautiful thing and everyone says how beautiful it is. Marsellus was trying to get his soul back from the devil and since Vincent and Jules were saving a soul they were saved by divine intervention.

However, Tarantino maintains there's no official explanation. Roger Avery has said it originally was to contain diamonds, possibly a nod to Reservoir Dogs. However, deciding it was too generic, it was left up to the audience's imagination.