Quick question about pre-ferted soil!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by samborn, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I bought some soil yesterday (the cheapest they had), And lo and behold my "frugleness" got me some soil that's not the best for my first grow!

So my question is...

Is it alright to transplant my seeds after only 1 day into germination? I literally planted 4 seeds in 4 different pots last night and bagged them in plastic bags to maintain humidity. Would it harm my seed/plant to take it out and put into organic soil?

Also, I only bought things for the germination stage (pot, soil, little plastic trays to catch run off to prevent a big mess), Should I just buy everything at once?

2. Because they have only been in the ground for one day, assuming they haven't sprouted a tap root yet, you may be able to move them. but, I wouldn't. The risks outweigh the benefits.

Yes, you should have all of your supplies now. You should always have your area ready to go before you germinate your seeds.

Good luck.

3. I've been reading that soil with nutes is a big no no. I want my bud the be as fine as possible.

4. It is a big no no. But so is disturbing seeds that are trying to germinate. Pick your poison.

Now you know. Is this bagseed or did you buy them?

Good luck.

5. Go buy some Kellog's Patio Plus, it's 5 bucks for the big bag and 3 for the smaller ones. All organic, no time-released nutes, and is ready out of the bag so you don't necessarily need extra perlite :hello:. I would wait to transplant though, at least a week or 2 so they can grow a root ball, it will be easier to save a over-nuted plant then a weak taproot. Plus most of those nute soils don't kick in til around a month i think, so you should be fine.

As for supplies, my first time, i bought stuff as i went along, started with vegging stuff, then flowering, then harvesting and curing. It's cheaper and you don't waste money if your plant dies or some other stuff happens along the way.

6. Just mentioning it because if you did have to start over at least you won't have wasted any money on known genetics.

Bag seed can grow some dank stuff. Proper care will go a long way.

Good luck.

7. Would transplanting the seedling after is sprouts be a good idea? I'm considering just starting my entire operation over. Since I didn't even buy lights or anything, it would be a good chance to try it the right way.