Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick question about moderation and use.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OgCuttingDown, Sep 13, 2008.

1. I been smoking for a while now and i realized i need to be cutting down. Whats a good cycle of moderation so i dont smoke so much that i need to take another tolerance break. also i been having sleeping problems during my break (currently taking my break) sleeping. so i was wondering if i smoke during the day would my sleeping patterns be normal at night? whens best to smoke in my situation to be simple, Night or day for me.

2. sounds like you need some better weed... as far as a schedual goes, ummmm i dont know, smoke when you want dont when you dont.

3. Try smoking only in the evening, before dinner or maybe around 8 or 9.

4. Yeah I noticed a similar thing when I took my break, just have a goodnight bowl.

5. smoke when the sun goes down. unless you live in alaska cuz that could either be real good or real bad. hahah..but i find that when i start tokin up in the day time, im SLEEPY as hell during the evening, leading me to just sit around.

but if i toke up later i feel better about being lazy.

Its all in your mind, dont smoke until you feel youve deserved it for the day.

6. #6 Hobo173, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    MJ has a long half-life in your system so it builds up and increases tolerance over time. It also increases side effects when built up such as insomnia and decreased appetite.

If you intend to toke long-term, a good rule of thumb is having 2 days to clean out each session. So if you have 2 sessions in one day, you need 4 days off.

Some people have a much faster metabolism so they can toke MUCH more. If you're really low body fat and athletic, get some test strips to see how fast your body cleans it out.

I toked every day for almost 10 years and it caught up to me. I just try to toke on the weekend now to prevent build-up. MJ is best when done less often.

It also helps GREATLY if you have high-quality bud. It has less radical cannabinoids so less side-effects and buildup. I try to only smoke dank nowadays to stay on top of things.