Quick Question about lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LuxTenebris, Feb 21, 2013.

1. At nearly 7000 posts on GC, you gotta be an experienced user, so won't mess you about and say NEITHER

42-Watt (200W) Daylight Twist CFL Light Bulb-ESL40TN/D at The Home Depot
    Brightness: 2800 Lumens
    Light Appearance: 6500K (daylight) 6500k on my list is cool blue white like flouro

42-Watt (150W) Soft White (2700K) CFL Light Bulb (E)*-139477 at The Home Depot
    Brightness: 2800 Lumens
    Light Appearance: 2700K soft white, on my list is red/warm white like an old (incandescent). bulb

If you relally need to go the CFL way see my blog on the ghetto blaster
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31892-vostok-builds-ghetto-blaster-1.html

or get this
    Purple Apollo Horticulture 400w Grow Light Dimmable Ballast with Detachable Fins Cool Tube Hood Reflector and Metal Halide(MH) and High Pressure Sodium(HPS) Light Bulbs, 120v Power Cord + Rope Ratchet: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

peace

"V"

2. Yea I'm an experienced smoker and talker, but grower? Fuck no :laughing:

Ill look into it, money is absurdly tight, so I'm limited :/

Looks like Ill just be going outdoors, but if this works out that'd be nice.

Thanks man

3. Ok OK...follow on from my ghetto blaster in my blog (link above) you could use the above bulbs say 2 each, and grow to early veg, say for one month then locate outside for the spring sunshine, so long as it's warm enough, then move them back inside under the CFL's for the night.

Hardest thing for the newbie grower is getting one's act together, and always forgetting to water or feed plants, but with a couple of fuck ups, one gets the hang of it.

peace
    "V"

4. both of those will light up a 1' x 1' area ok. you could have a nice little ScrOG with those two. use both at same time though