Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick question about ISO

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by StickyIkyMarley, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Alright I had two dishes and one of them was glass, the corners are un-scrapable and that's where 90% of the yield is, would I be able to use water or something to transfer te ISO to my other tin so I could let it evaporate again and scrape it?

2. #2 Cannistry, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    Let me see if I get this straight, you have two glasses, one is filled with ISO hash that is unscrapable and you want to transfer it to another tin?

Sounds to me like your best bet would be a solvent strong enough to free the ISO from the corner. I would recommend filling the tin with a pretty powerful solvent. I'd recommend acetone. If you couldn't find any acetone or cyclohexane, something like 91 - 99% ISO alcohol could probably do the job.

Anyway, just soak the dish in the solvent for awhile (before it evaporates fully, this will differ based on what you use), then seal with plastic wrap and shake. This should dislodge your yield and allow you to transfer it and allow the solvent to evaporate. Acetone is my favorite as it allows this whole extraction to take place very quickly, as it evaporates the quickest out of the viable solvents.

Anyway, hope I've helped. Best of luck.

3. Thanks i'll do that, one more question if anybody can answer.

I have about an 1/8 of some bud I suspect has mold on it (and it wasn't cured/dried remotely correct) should I just use that for another batch?

4. There's really no way of knowing for sure, short of using lab equipment, if your hash is truly uncontaminated. Personally, I would throw the moldy bud away, especially if it's only an eighth ounce. Solvents like isopropyl, acetone, and butane will kill the mold and any spores on the buds, however mold toxins could still very well survive this process.

However, if you wish to proceed, this is how I'd do it. First I would do an extraction as normal, let the material dry, and then do a second soak, preferably with a quick evaporating solvent, such as acetone. If I had to do this, I would probably do a first extraction using 99% isopropyl, then a second soak using acetone or butane.

But really, just throw it out. It's not even remotely worth it.

5. [quote name='"StickyIkyMarley"']Alright I had two dishes and one of them was glass, the corners are un-scrapable and that's where 90% of the yield is, would I be able to use water or something to transfer te ISO to my other tin so I could let it evaporate again and scrape it?[/quote]

Dude just use 91%+ iso on the iso-filled iso and move it into another glass pan

6. Okay, so I tried making ISO hash oil tonight. We used 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Ground up about 8 grams of commercial, put it in a coffee filter and washed it 3 times with the Iso, using the same Iso for every wash. did the evap with a cast iron pan , water and a hot plate, with the iso wash in a glass pan sitting in the water. My question is, WHy does mine come out Dark green instead of honey colored like i have seen in other posts here. Also, we tried the same method with everclear in the wash and got the same results?

7. Because you washed the same bud 3 times with the same iso. You ended up extracting more chlorophyl and plant matter than is ideal. And also because you used shitty bud to start. Remember the better input materials you use the better product you're going to get.