Quick Question, about hermies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newblicious, Apr 25, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if clones of a female plant can turn hermie, or if that is just something that is a problem with seeds? Cause I just turned mine to 12-12, and have a little bit of a light leak around the edges of my closet door. Will be taking care of it asap, but it might be a few days till i have some scratch.

2. bump for a still curious soul

this might be a stupid question, but it seems like clones shouldnt have male cells at all.

thanks to anybody that could shed some light here

3. Plants can hermie due to genetics or due to outside factors such as light leaks. The clone will be a genetic copy of the mother so if it has the propensity to hermie, then the clone will too. Hermies don't really have male cells. That's why feminized seeds work the way they do. "Mom" is pollinated with hermie pollen so there are no male chromosomes from "dad". The resultant seeds will be female (hopefully) or hermies. So to answer your question, yes they could definitely hermie due to conditions even though the mother plant was a female.

4. allright thanks, ill have to take care of the door edges this weekend then, hopefully they will be okay