Quick question about hermies

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grnwzrd, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Good Morning GC.

I have pineapple express in my micro cab that is 1 week into flower and it has shown my lack of skill by going all hermie and shit.

There were no signs of Nana's until I noticed today, haven't been paying much attention this week though so they probably didn't just appear.

My questions are ...

The plant is an auto feminised strain, if I just leave it to grow out what is the worst that will happen?

I will have seeds to pick out of all my buds, will the smoke still be good? I'm not that bummed about the prospect of having lots of seeds at all!

Will there still be reasonable yield from everything else?

Will the seeds be more likely to hermie?

Thanks in advance chaps.

Attached Files:

2. I just found a thread almost identical! Apologies for double post.

3. Seems early do you have pic of said nanners?

4. Is it barneys or g13? I had to kill off one of mine from barneys last week for the same thing.

5. Barneys. It is in Isolation now.

6. Worst that will happen is you will have seeded bud. If you have other plants they will get seeded too so be careful. Remember that when a plant is pollinated it will focus energy on making seeds rather than going to trich production. It will still be smokable just as your typical mexi brick is but it will not be as potent as if it were seedless. If it were mine I would scrap it. If its popping sacs at this point, it will just be a shit plant, and the seeds that come from it will carry the same genes so they wont be worth keeping.

7. #7 grnwzrd, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I'm really sure that I did this not genetics so I'm tempted to grow it out and see what happens. I know I have stressed the hell out of these with bad ph, nute burn, over watering, bad light discipline, bug treatments that are applied a little too over zealously and growing in shitty time release putting mix.

I don't think there are any mistakes I didn't make on this one...

I might do some experimenting snip the pollen sacks off and see what happens.

It's in a different building now so I'm not too concerned about pollination as long s it hadn't already happened.

8. If you can you can try and pluck the nanners off with a pair of tweezers. Very carefully remove them before they open up and you can limit the amount of seeds you get. Just pinch every one you see off as soon as you see it. The fewer seeds you have developing the better.

9. Great I was hoping I could do something like that. Thanks mate.

10. Make that two of mine that have hermied on me. I've got other things going on though so just chopped em and got them out of the tent

11. Oh Unlucky mate, have you still something on the go?

12. Yeah i had my last two pineapple express and some unknown auto seed. Had to chop the pe though because they didn't flower so just the random in flower along with 5 seedlings of alien x triangle kush for the vault comparative grow on here. I'm not put off doing the pe again though. Done some In the past and it was some nice stuff

13. I did not see the males parts only a standard caylx.

14. Those plants look perfectly fine.

15. Yea was never convinced of said nanners myself. Mad suspect

16. yeah, I picked up on that when u wanted to see pics. Good call! It is funny how our paranoia of hermie plants makes us see what is not there. As u know with experience comes a level of comfort. I sure would hate to see good plants treated like trash due to novice fear.

17. #17 grnwzrd, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    It's a shame no one spoke up that week. Thanks anyways.

18. I think the next day asked for pics of nanners and questioned it. I think it was ignored so i moved on....

Thats too bad man

19. crapola which I am glad did not autocorrect to Crayola. Patience and keep up the work on growing.