Quick Question about flushing soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iximindtrickixi, Sep 13, 2007.

1. How exactly do you flush soil? I found the formula for 3 gallons of watr per one gallon of soil.... but what do i do? just pour the water into therE? wont that kill the plants?

2. I'm no expert, but flushing the plants wont kill it, just make sure when you're done the water is drained. The whole point of flushing the plant is to remove all the salt buildup from the fertilizer, so lots of water is the only way to do that.

3. well the reason im doing it is so I can get rid of most of the ferts in my soil... i just wanna make sure I got the technique down. so just pour water throuwgh it... gotcha.

4. Yeah, easiest way would probably move it into a bathtub and seriously soak it and let it drain. Less mess =D.

5. i had to flush the soil in one of my plants recently. i stuck it in the sink. let the water run in the pot until the pot is almost overflowing and then turn the water off and wait unil all the water runs out the bottom of the pot. repeat. i did this probably 5 or 6 times and it really helped. hope this helps!

6. use hydrogen peroxide in the last gallon, give them waterlogged feets some h2o2. 30ml per gallon is what ive read. good luck. peace, e :bongin:

7. i have read that somewhere before but what does the hydrogen peroxide done to the plant?