quick question about flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by randell, Aug 10, 2009.

1. what is the shortest amount of time i can give a plant to vegitate, then put it into flowering, kinda like forcing it into flowering earlier then a month in half or two months

2. you can start a seed on 12/12 straight away, but i hear the yeild & potency wont b to good, plus it can still take up 2 a month or more to devlop and then 8weeks(roughly) to flower, so not much point better of to veg a plant for month or 2 weeks even, then put it into flower

3. Clones you can flower as soon as they have rooted which takes about a week. However, I would wait for some good pistil development first.

4. so what if I started a plant and I let it veg/ for like 3-4weeks then but it in darkness for like 36 hrs and it will go into flowering? but I also heard this could induce hermies a lot.

5. you need to put them on 12/12 lighting to trigger flowering(indoors), but i have heard of putting the plant in 36 hrs dark before switching to 12/12

6. How well they will veg, and how quickly you can get them into flowering, depends on your lighting. What kinda lights are you using on them?

The more, and the better, lights you have...the quicker you can flowering them. I was able to take my last batch from seedling to flowering in about 4-5 weeks, each was about 15" - 20" tall.

If you are going cheap on the lights, expect to take more time. Rushing will only lessen the final product. Both in quality, and quantity.

7. yeah I'm using cfl's but the 150w ones I only plan to try out two or three plants also, I'm not trying for anything big just get some budding action to go down if you get my drift lol, more just for the fun, experience, and the joy of being able to smoke what I grew:smoking: