Quick Q about watering.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jobokid, Nov 20, 2010.

1. My soil is getting dry awefully quick/ not retaining much water. Is the soil bad? Or could I not be watering it enough. Im still waiting for the seed to break ground. How much water should I be giving it.

2. Keep that baby moist. Make sure to cover it with somthing and that will help from drying out so quick.

That seed needs to stay moist but not soaked. No Standing water.

You should see a pop above the soil in a couple days.

How long they been in the dirt?

DOT

3. I agree that until it pops the soil you want to keep it moist.

Once it pops through, though, you want to let it cycle from wet to dry, watering thoroughly when you do (saturate the soil until you get good runoff out the bottom) then allowing the soil to dry out a bit before you water again.

4. Awesome, great advice. I just put her in last night. And it had a wee bit of a root coming out from the germing bag. Im gonna cover the top with plastic wrap then. or better yet a tuppaware top. Sound good?

Oh, I also lost the most fire seed the other day. So toke in remembrance of a weed that will never be.

5. Yeah I would go with the saren wrap loosly that way it can still breath. and like toasty said pull the plastic off once they pop out the dirt so they can dry a bit.

Glad to hear you got a root tale.

DOT