Quick Q About Prepping Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Shadowz, May 5, 2014.

1. #1 Shadowz, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    So I've read different opinions about prepping your holes for an outdoor grow, on a few different sites they say that to grow outdoor you really need to prep the hole over the winter, others say no you don't have to....

I have 2 spots picked out next to some creeks but I haven't prepped the holes yet, would it really be so bad to prep and plant in the same day/week?

I'm planning on digging down about a foot to reach the water table, then filling in the hole with my soil mixture, making a mound about a food high and planting my plants there. The idea is I'd only have to baby them until the roots reached the water table, then I'd only have to check on them every few weeks to give nutes and see how their doing.

2. Do what you got to do. Are you thinking of people who compost their soil over winter time???

Im not digging my holes till prob a week before im planting in them

3. #3 petert, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    People who winter over their mix are usually composting ...Might be hot organic poo's.

I dig new or refresh my old holes in late February/March plant in May. My old holes had tons of worms and the soil was still very rich. But I still added composted bales to add micro-organisms which I'll keep feeding. 

You'll be fine with what you are planning..they just need some food,sun, and water and they'll grow..They're weeds after all, they are pretty tough.