Quick planting seed question,....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jillielover, Aug 30, 2004.

1. I leyt my seed germinate for quite long and the taproot came out pretty far, and when I went to stick it in the soil, the outercover of the seed, the di-whatever... Fell off... Is this going to be a problem??

2. na it should be ok, that part of the seed is usless once the seed is in the ground, it just serves as a barrier to protect the seeds insides.

3. Basically I just planted the white taproot, sans (minus) the seed covering... But my guess was that it'd be fine anyway. Are you sure it'll be fine?

4. yeah, once the seed breaks the surface it sheds the seed covering anyway, sometimes the seedling sheds the seed covering under the soil, so it should be fine, although the seed covering does protect the first developing set of leaves, i think its way more likely that youll have a prefectly normal plant rather than a messed up plant or no plant at all, unless of course your not that lucky, and also if i were you i wouldent just be haveing one plant at a time, you should have a few becuase it would suck to have the plant die when its young and have to start over, or worse have you raise it to adulthood and have it be male, thats what happened to me and i planted 3 plants, one died when it was young and the other two were male. very heartbreaking.
    im assuming that your doing an indoor too seeing its end of summer if so what kind of setup do you have goin on?

5. Well, I'd like to have up to 4 going... But i'm waiting for these damn seeds to germinate...
    That one germinated before the others in the wet paper towel method, except I used a nice towel instead.... But anyway.. It was very large so I needed to go ahead and put it in soil.. As soon as more break I'll plant those as welll...

I'm using a growbox in my attic about 3 ft by 2.5 feet and about 4 or so tall.... All fluoro... I used flouros for my first grow and it worked really well, at leats for vegging... My grow got cut short by my probation officer :( I'm having trouble germinating seeds though... Is there any reason as to why one would break and the other 6 haven't yet and are showing no signs of ever??

6. well it could be that your other seeds just arnt good, this happens a lot when you get your seeds out of a bag from a dealer where you really have no idea how old the stuff is and even assuming that all your seeds are good theres still a 2 out of 10 chance that they wont germinate, so maybe you just got unlucky this time, and also about your last grow did your probation officer find your box and make you get rid of it or did you just wanna be on the safe side when you herd he was comming and ditched it all?

7. Hhaha he found it... and trashed everything... Didn;t get nailed though, cause he wasn;t supposed to be in my room. It has been a day in soil and my sprout has not come above soil yet... is this a problem?
    I have it under a single fluoro right now... Whgen it coms on I'll turn the rest on... Good or bad idea , whY?

8. not a prob, should take a few days to sprout demending on the depth you planted it at and the lighting idea or yours should work just fine