Quick photoperiod plant question!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by closetgrassman, Mar 20, 2012.

1. So I am in the middle of my second grow, it is an autoflowering strain under my 18/6 LED unit. My question is simple, I have a ton of random bag seed that I am assuming to be photoperiod at the very least. (lol) I was wondering if I could just throw some photoperiods in there for entire cycles? While keeping my auto in there. Or will the 18/6 not be a good call once the photoperiod starts to flower? I know generally speaking that is when you are supposed to switch to 12/12. Thank you!

:smoke:

2. Well the photoperiod ones will stay in veg under 18/6 light but the autos will flower I believe. I don't know much about autos but the photoperiod ones will stay in veg unless the lights are on 12/12 but I think that would mess up the autos...

3. Yes well I know auto's can be run at 12/12 but overall from all the auto research I have done they seem to do the best under 18/6. Thank you for your response though regarding photoperiods!

4. [quote name='"closetgrassman"']Yes well I know auto's can be run at 12/12 but overall from all the auto research I have done they seem to do the best under 18/6. Thank you for your response though regarding photoperiods![/quote]

No problem. I haven't grown autos before and I remembered hearing they like 18/6 but I didn't know they could still grow under 12/12. I'm sure they'd be a lot smaller under 12/12 rather than 18/6

5. You'll be fine I like to start my new runs with some autos then throw my photos in once I'm about 4-6 from the autos finishing up. This way once the autos are finished the photos go right to flowering. This works great because it keeps me in smoke so I don't get tempted to do something dumb like chop to early.

6. [quote name='"spacejerk234"']You'll be fine I like to start my new runs with some autos then throw my photos in once I'm about 4-6 from the autos finishing up. This way once the autos are finished the photos go right to flowering. This works great because it keeps me in smoke so I don't get tempted to do something dumb like chop to early.[/quote]

That's a good idea!! Any suggestions for any autos? Been wanting to try one. I usually buy from attitude

7. okay cool thank you! :D I think I may just keep this staggered autoflowering plants until I am out of auto seeds then I will do a photoperiod grow!

8. [quote name='"closetgrassman"']okay cool thank you! :D I think I may just keep this staggered autoflowering plants until I am out of auto seeds then I will do a photoperiod grow![/quote]

nice. What autos do you have? I've only done photoperiod plants so far