Quick outdoor growing question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paintballer3404, Mar 12, 2013.

1. So this year I will be attempting my first outdoor grow. As of right now I am about to start vegging the two plants that I will be putting outside on 4/20. I live in Florida and that Is what I heard is a good time to start. Anyways I know it's impossible for anyone to tell me how much of a yield I am going to get but since my spot isn't the best to plant directly into the ground (it is kind of swampy) I plan on trying to put them in huge buckets (20-30gallons). Anyways with proper care are those pots big enough to achieve getting a pound on any of my plants?

2. Hey this is also my first year. Add a Cfl light at night to keep them vegging. Then take the out on June. Depending on everything going right and having correct nutrients/ compost tea I think you should be able to get a pound per plant hopefully

But a lot of factors go into that.

3. I'm in a swampy part of ga, but my outdoor spot is far enough from the swamps to plant in the ground, so I don't use containers; however 10-15 gallon pots will be big enough for you to get huge yields, whereas 20-30 gallon pots are a big extreme, require LOTS of soil, and will end up taking more water and nutes than needed.

Also, if you're planting on 4/20 you shouldn't need additional lighting to keep them vegging. Let Mother Nature do her thing, she'll take care of you.

4. You're yield will depend a lot on how much light the plants are getting. If you plant in a really shaded area don't expect a big harvest. You want to plant where they can get a lot of direct sunlight. If you have enough sunlight and good soil/nutes then you should get a lb per plant.