Quick noob light questions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GrandmasterPK, Dec 22, 2010.

1. I'm going to start growing in a month or so (saving money and want to make sure I'm ready, don't want to rush) and I've been trying to look up details about lights which seems to be the only thing I don't quite understand.

I plan on making two grow boxes, an extra one for flowering. (are you suppose to keep them seperated? not a light question but it seems that way and I'm not sure) now is there certain light I need for flowering? certain lights for the vegitation period? how long do I keep the lights on and off for both series? How many lights would I need for two to four plants? Money isn't a huge issue for me because I'm patient and am willing to save a little more money.

Kudos to people who help me out :smoke:

2. blue for vegging - anywhere between 18/6 and 24/0 (on/off) per day, i prefer 20/4 but thats just me

red for flowering - take it down to 12/12

as for how many lights, it all depends on area of your grow area, reflectiveness, type of light and wattage.

3. CFLs that are daylight or a Metal Halide both are great for veg....

CFLs that are soft white or a High Pressure Sodium will both work for flower....

100w first plant, 50w extra for every other plant... so 4 plants would be a MINIMUM of 250w... Id say give um each 100w man... cant go wrong

4. Yeah I was planing on giving them 100Wt each, my partner wants quite a few babies but I'm trying to get it settled to 6 so I'd probably get a nice 600wts. How much heat do you think that produces? I'm using a grow box that's probably 2.5' to 3' feet wide and I plan on just combining the flowering and vegitating areas in the same grow box to save money. I also plan on using the Low Stress Training technique, since I have a confined space, so my plants will have to stay sort of small. But if I need to I can plan for a wider box, so it's no problem if that one is too small for six babies. I still plan on using LST still even in a larger box, anything I need to know about lighting for LST?