Quick Lighting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by baileybolton, Dec 25, 2013.

1. So I just bought these 12 1,600 lumen bulbs and each is pushing out 23 watts (100watt eq.) and 120v each adapter says it can hold 660 watts and 250volts, now I checked the breaker and it says it's 15 amp.. So my question is.. Will this all run safely? I also plan on running a fan or 2 in the room.. And if possible run 2 or 3 extra 23 watt bulbs... SOOOOO can I do it without burning my whole place down? Any help from anyone that knows some stuff about electrical would be sweet because I'm pretty clueless on the stuff and I want to make sure my op is safe!

Thanks guys! The more replies the better!!
    Happy growing:)

Attached Files:

2. #2 halifaxer12, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
    I'm not an electrician but I don't think 2 or 3 extra 23 watt bulbs will burn your place down dude...just make sure they're safe and secure.

3. You are way beyond safe, you are not even running lights. your circuit is running about 25% of its max rating.

You can roughly figure 15 amp will run a 1,000 W light and a fan and other small things like little air pumps safely.

4. THANKS! This really helped! Safe growing my friend :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 unplugged, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

Amps = Watts / Volts

A standard US electrical outlet is 120V. You have 12 lights at 23W each for a total of 276W so you're drawing 2.3A for the lights alone. This leaves you with over 12A or 1500W of capacity on that circuit.

Just FYI.

• Like Like x 1