Quick lighting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bamazing, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Doing abit of research into what lighting i'm going to use for my closet grow (2 plants) and i came across an electronic digital ballast cooltube 400W HPS/MH light kit system, so i can switch during the flowering phase. What do you think? any help would be great as this will be my first grow.

Here is a link to the lighting system i'm looking at:
    Electronic Digital Ballast Cooltube 400W HPS/MH Light Kit System Hydroponics | eBay

2. #2 PlantEngineer, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    a 400 cool tube is a very nice fit for a 2 plant grow.:smoke:

If I could make a suggestion. It doesn't take very much more room to run a separate veg area. If you bought a 2'x2' or 2'x3' t-5 fluorescent fixture and could dedicate that much space (enough space to fit the light), then you could run a perpetual grow where you would always have 4 plants growing, 2 in flower and 2 in veg and each plant is 4 weeks apart from the other so you harvest 1 plant every 4 weeks and you'll have a continuos supply. This is called a perpetual grow. Now, you can shop for the same light thats just hps, not dual MH/HPS and save a few dollars there to help pay for a t-5

point is, if you can find a small spot to stuff a mall light and 2 plants, you can set up to pull 1 plant a month, every month (you have to run "8 week flowering" strains, lots of great ones out there)

Grow 'em up!

3. that does sound like a great idea, i do have another compartment i could use too. Thanks alot! happy smoking/growing :)

4. Welcome to the city bud. Make a journal in the indoor growing section so you can share and get input from others. Link it in your signature.

Grow 'em up!