Quick legal question?? (help appreciated)

Discussion in 'General' started by Godsmoke, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Okay so say you got a call from a friend and he's saying his friend is gona call you and try to buy some weed from you. He is lookin to buy a quarter or whatever, and you make arrangements to meet him.
    He pulls up say at a movie theater and you leave your stash in the car and you go up to the window, and it's an undercover cop... Can he arrest you because you made arrangements to do the drug deal and everything? But you don't have shit on you and you locked your car. My question is, can he bust you for making arrangements for the drug deal but have nothing on you?

2. intent to sell

3. he can tell you to sit on the corner then search your car then toss you in the back seat and thats the last anyone will hear of you for a few months.

Theyll slap you with a possession with intent to distribute.

4. What if I had nothing in MY car, but it was in my friends ride down the street, because I was skeptical?

5. if you really wanna read up on it here:
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/s...tml/uscode21/usc_sec_21_00000863----000-.html
    edit:

however technically you meet the requirements for a seller, they would have to provide expert testimony from the undercover cop in court

(e) Matters considered in determination of what constitutes drug paraphernalia
    In determining whether an item constitutes drug paraphernalia, in addition to all other logically relevant factors, the following may be considered:
    (1) instructions, oral or written, provided with the item concerning its use;
    (2) descriptive materials accompanying the item which explain or depict its use;
    (3) national and local advertising concerning its use;
    (4) the manner in which the item is displayed for sale;
    (5) whether the owner, or anyone in control of the item, is a legitimate supplier of like or related items to the community, such as a licensed distributor or dealer of tobacco products;
    (6) direct or circumstantial evidence of the ratio of sales of the item(s) to the total sales of the business enterprise;
    (7) the existence and scope of legitimate uses of the item in the community; and
    (8) expert testimony concerning its use.

so I mean you can argue it out in court, either way they would plead you down

6. Fuck thats gay as hell.... Goddamnit!!!!! I'm pissed now..

7. If your friend says the guy is straight then there shouldnt be a problem. Anyway, atleast where i live if an undercover cop is gonna try and bag you its gonna be for more than a quarter, most cops around where i am try to get you in your prime so they can lock you away for awhile.

8. conspiracy at least sorry buddy