Quick hermie question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gatson, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Quick question for the experienced guys in here... So I have a girl in my closet who we discovered was a hermie about 2 weeks ago. Since then, we've been isolating all male flowers except on two of the branches. Even on those branches, we kept it to a minimum. Crazy enough, we were able to confine all male flowers to just those branches. I have thoroughly inspected all branches outside of these two and there are absolutely no seeds forming on any other branches (crossing my fingers...). Question is... Is there a different time to harvest seeds in order to get the best chance of having a fully matured, viable seed? As compared to when you want to harvest the actual bud... This is some DANK, that's the only reason we're going through the trouble of harvesting any seeds.

2. Say what? You want to grow good pot with seedy bud... Impossible to get diggity like that IMO. Just grow it for the seeds... Then start over... :)

EDIT: if its dank as you say :p

3. Well the branches that have been pollinated are obviously not going to be great pot, and the overall yield and potency of the strain might deminish over the grow because of the hermie, but I'd rather get 30 DANK fem seeds and the rest fat nugs instead of every single bud being infested with seeds. Given the fact that it has already been two weeks and the fact that we still have a 10+ gram top cola going, does anyone actually have some advice that even remotely answers the question I asked? I don't need advice telling me to do the opposite of what I've already done.

4. *BUMP* Just one, quick, easy answer is all I'm lookin for...

5. ok my friend...

yes, the seeds will need to mature. This usually takes around 4 weeks, but most breeders allow seeded branches to go all the way. In other words harvest the rest of the plant but leave seeded branches to go all the way (all pistils brown). You can also check the viability of the odd seed by gently squeezing the calyx.

Dark and stripey seeds are an indication of good viability.

If ever you're stuck for an answer and you get impatient, check out dr skunk's website. Here's the link: http://www.drskunk.com/skunktalkhomepage.htm

Do you know if the plant is a natural hermie or did it go over due to stress?