Quick! Help...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CapNCosmos, Sep 8, 2012.

1. My 4 seedlings have officially broke the surface of the soil! I'm feeling like a father!

Anyway lol... When do these babies need light? When they get leaves? Or now?

2. I'm not a weed growing expert but they need light now, I believe 24/0 is best.

They should start with like 2 leaves and as they grow they grow more, you definitely don't want too little light, I fucked myself up that way.

Edit : wait for more opinions :bongin:

3. [quote name='"Miyagi"']I'm not a weed growing expert but they need light now, I believe 24/0 is best.

They should start with like 2 leaves and as they grow they grow more, you definitely don't want too little light, I fucked myself up that way.

Edit : wait for more opinions :bongin:[/quote]

The thing is, is that I'm going to start them outside, should I plant them in the soil?

4. I believe you can start them outside, Yee. Keep in mind homie, it's September, im sure you know it's not the ideal time to start lol, light cycle will naturally be around 12/12, not to mention the temps.

Personally I'd just do it inside but you're not me and I am not you.

Wait for more input, don't you dare plant those fuckers with just my advice.

5. [quote name='"Miyagi"']I believe you can start them outside, Yee. Keep in mind homie, it's September, im sure you know it's not the ideal time to start lol, light cycle will naturally be around 12/12, not to mention the temps.

Personally I'd just do it inside but you're not me and I am not you.

Wait for more input, don't you dare plant those fuckers with just my advice.[/quote]

Hahaha I hear yahh, but I'm in WV and the temps are still in the 85+'s and expected to stay that way till December or so, how big could I get them in a month and a half of natural light and heat??

6. Bump... Lol

7. I've learned that you dont want intense light on new seedlings... I ran a Metal Halide bulb on some newbies and it sortof stunted them... made em do weird shit. Now I run seedling under a non threatening T5 Fixture until they get a few leavesets.

8. If you plant outside...your wasting your time....I planted in July and that was late

You are better off making a little grow room in a closet or basement

9. The Temp is only part of it...its the spectrum and the amount of light that were getting. The spectrum you cant see but its changed.

Your plant as soon as its able to which is about 20-30 days will go straight into flower, but they will be smaller then normal since were already getting less light then in the beginning of the year.

As for when you should see leaves in a couple days your plants will look way different.

Also I would not expect it to stay in the 80s through December. This winter is supposed to be a wallop on the east coast. La Nina has disappated and El Nino has set in..that means heavy snow this Dec and Jan

10. After reading these, I've decided to keep them inside, would about 2k lumens per plant be a fairly good amount?

And here's a pic of my most grown seedling

image-3098157514.jpg