QUICK HELP. Need to disprove friend's idea that weed is physically addictive!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by TokeTheToke, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Please?!?!?!?!

2. Yeah well, open pandoras box and maybe you have it there.

Because, there is many studies to prove that it is and many to prove that it is not.

I guess most commonly accepted "fact", is that it has a minor physical addiction potential, but withdrawals are minor compared to nicotine etc.

However, there is another thing. You may create disturbances with serotonin if you are a heavy toker, and after that, you will feel sad constantly but the 1 hour onset of weed. ( And perhaps other drugs. ) And this is accepted for sure, I've seen threads where people have described their problem to that, and others telling that it's serotonin related.

I'm not sure thou, if it is the same problem, where your brain does not produce enough stabely (or whatever the spelling is) the serotonin. In that condition, you are really prone to panic attacks without medications, and even with them possibly.

TL; DR?

Anyone who knows better can't disprove it as for now.

And also, psychological addiction in my opinion, can be even worse. Some pills and time won't fix that as easily as physical. But there are various psychological addictions, some merely comparable to " eat chocolade, you like it, you eat more ". While others are comparable to habit smoking or even worse.

And no, I'm not really expert, but I got some wit and I've seen stuff.

3. Well IMO this isn't hard to prove, ha I mean if someone you know is a chronic or daily smoker.....if your friend has to physically see it to believe it kinda deal.....this daily toker friend of yours, needs to take a break....put down that pipe! :p

Then WATCH the results over the hours and days....i really think unless this daily partaker of weed is a person who has anxiety attacks or mental illness of some sort, then they may have a problem.......otherwise any normal person who is just a daily toker is NOT going to go thru physical withdrawls....DT's anything like that....hell I've quit a few times, and I been smoking for more than a few decades....
    only thing I went thru was the mental withdrawal of it.....there is a bit of depression, i believe for anyone who just stops cold turkey....IMO weed is a mentally addictive drug

now you take an alcoholics drink away....a heroin addicts drug away...a meth addict..etc etc.....you will see what a physically addictive drug can do to a person with withdrawals.

4. ^
    This.
    Watch an alcoholic go through the DT's after an hour or two of no booze, and then watch a mj smoker go without for a day or two. No shakes, no throwing up, no hallucinations, etc.

5. Do you smoke weed? Do you go through withdrawal when you don't smoke weed? There's your answer.

6. The thing is, he's lying and telling me that he DOES. >_< The fuck?

7. Lol, does it look severe? How long was it from his last hit/joint?