Quick help need asap...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JediPeaceFrog, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I have one of these thermometers: http://www.drgreenthumbsorganic.com/#products:49:2

Ecoplus large-display thermo

I have it outside my tent with the setting for 'on'.  It reads 78F.   But when I hit 'out', it reads 88F.   It is NOT 88 outside of my tent.   With the probe inside the tent you want it set to 'in', right?   Please help before I screw up and fry my plants.  Thanks.

2. Bump....please help.

3. #3 waktoo, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    The unit itself reads temperature. That's your "inside" temp'. The probe on the end of the wire is for reading "outside" temperature. Am I understanding correctly? In/on? Not in/out?

4. The probe is designed for being placed outside your home so you can read both inside and outside temperatures from the remote display inside your home. The display's temperature reading will be marked as "inside" and the probe's reading will be marked as "outside." So your problem is really a matter of perspective. 

5. So, the temperature inside my tent with the probe inside the tent and the unit outside the tent is the 'out' reading, correct?    I just need to have it on 'out' all the time for what's in my tent?   Sorry for the noob question but that's what I am.  

6. You got it. Some give both readings on tbe screen at once, others you have to manually switch to get each reading.

7. Thanks lot for the help.