Quick germination question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LankySwag, Apr 28, 2012.

1. My seeds are currently germing, had them sit it water for 48 hours, now I have them using the paper towel method in a ziplock tuberware.

Now the question, I want to plant Tuesday, they'll probably all be germed by then, my question is what happens if you leave a germed seed sitting (not in soil) like how long till it goes bad?

So do you need to plant as soon as you see a nice root?

2. Oh yea, and my space I had them wasnt humid at all, actually the water was fuckig freezing after 48 hours, so I moved them to a more humid environment while in the tuberware, should this fuck them up?

3. [quote name='"LankySwag"']Help :/[/quote]

Please :|

4. You need to plant them once they have a taproot.

Cold is bad for germing seeds, its better to have them in a warm humid area.

5. IMO fuck the paper towel. Just stick it in the soil, cover 1/4'', and water in..

keep humidity and temperatures high and wait for a sprout.

studies have shown earthworm compost increases germination rates consistently.

the quantity of microbes involved with germination is tremendous and the microbes enter the seed shell to increase these already high numbers...

6. I speed germinate with unbelievable success rate. I use a good space heater and let blow in a closet with open door (door to room is closed and room is unused). I like to get it to 90 degrees or so and complete germination in 48 hrs. You will have your first pedals and sprout looking to exit seed casing--2 days, usually takes a week or even two

7. [quote name='"hope2toke"']IMO fuck the paper towel. Just stick it in the soil, cover 1/4'', and water in..

keep humidity and temperatures high and wait for a sprout.

studies have shown earthworm compost increases germination rates consistently.

the quantity of microbes involved with germination is tremendous and the microbes enter the seed shell to increase these already high numbers...[/quote]

How deep should the seed go in?

They have some nice tap roots signifying they're ready to get in the soil :D

8. Just barely cover the seed WITH taproot! Hell, I've COMPLETELY forgot about germinating seeds before - I came back to TWO LONG ASS TAP ROOTS AND IT HAD SHED ITS SHELL AND WAS SHOWING ITS FIRST TWO LEAVES!

Best method IMO.... Poir h20/superthrive water into a shotglass, let the seed sit for 24 hrs in darkness. Poke the seed when u come back, it SHOULD sink! Then use the paper towel method until u see a half inch or so of taproot. (JUST how long I WAIT!) Then plant it into a SMALL Dixie cup with some seed starting mix, throw a couple CFL's over it and keep it moist. They'll poke their lil heads! I have about a 99% success rate doin this!

Check out my outdoor grow, I'm sprouting right now!

9. Ok question lookin fr a quick reply tryna do this asap...any michigan blades know if the kroger brand paper towel contains bleach or not? (yes I checked the packaging doesnt say nething)

10. Also say I wing it to test the paper towel with some other seeds im not worried about, is there a way to tell if they died or not?

11. They don't "die".... If they didn't sprout they can't germinate! And don't use paper towels, use gauze! No bleach there!

12. [quote name='"iDonate"']Ok question lookin fr a quick reply tryna do this asap...any michigan blades know if the kroger brand paper towel contains bleach or not? (yes I checked the packaging doesnt say nething)[/quote]

Not in michigan, but kroger paper towels worked fine for me. So did the el cheapo walmart paper towels. Unless they specificly say they have added chemicals, any paper towels should be good.