Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick Fix 6.1 positive for nitrates???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stonerland, Sep 22, 2016.

1. hey everyone,

real fucking person here from iowa with real nerves lol.
    so yesterday i took a piss test, it was a split sample (one 5 panel test done immediatley, one sent to the on sight lab) i also did a strip test that shows PH, creatine, and nitrates amongst other things.

I used quick fix 6.1 that has urea already added do to the fact that i had last smoked 16 days ago (bowl a day) and didn't want to risk it. my specimen was the perfect temp and all drugs checked off as negative. There was a red flag though showing my specimen being high in NITRATES! I played it cool and said "oh, really? well what could that be from?" the nurse suggested that it could be a positive for Urinary tract infection and/or your diet. so she asked me what i eat. Me, being an active guy (weights, biking, running) told her i eat meat nearly 4 to 6 times daily. i drink quite a bit of monster zero (then i laughed) its my vice. i also use a lot of supplements (all legal) as well 4 to 5 different ones daily (note: i had already listed these supplements on my form prior to pissing).. she said "oh ok, well thats probably it. i will let doc know so he can talk to you about it" NOTE:( if they question me on the nitrates post lab, i have since researched my supplements and they all contain some form of nitrate and/or create nitrates in the liver while digesting/// meat is also non organic and contains a lot of nitrates)

so i continued on with my entire physical. doc came in and finished my physical with some range of motion tests on my limbs and then finished up by going through my paperwork and verifying everything i had put down. he said I'm sure you will be fine, as I'm sure your supplements could be the reason for your positive nitrates. the lab is extremely busy (the office was loaded with people as it is a major clinic in the area, so it was understandable) so it may be friday do or even monday until we get all the info back.

i called with quick fix phone number and the woman said there should be no problem, except the doctor may call me back and suggest that i take medication for a UTI. lol ( but their job is to reassure, right?)

now i play the waiting game on the labs. I do live in iowa and am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with quick fix 6.1? i have read a few threads on a few people "failing" tests for nitrates, although they are not illegal nor are they an automatic fail.

Note: i have passed numerous tests with quick fix and so have many of my friends living in iowa, along with their friends in colorado. but I'm not sure i have ever done a test so thorough. I haven't heard many bad stories on quick fix except for in Oregon, Cali, Wash, Hawaii as they seem to be a bit ahead in their labs out there.

someone give me some educated insight please.

2. yeah mine today came back for cocaine, i almost shit.. i got retest in 2 days, im screwed. i can't sneak anything in, they will watch like hawk. so pissed.. cocaine.. uggh

3. Did you pass??

4. Did you pass

5. Same thing here!! Quickfix. NITRATES TOO HIGH!!! And the temperature strip indicator rubbed right Off!!! They will ask you to retest!

6. same here!!!! Quickfix 6.2. Too many nitrates. Also the temperature strip indicators rubbed completely off in my underwear in just a few minutes. Failed the cup test because of nitrates. They said I would need to test again before I leave.