quick dry

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whitie, Sep 14, 2006.

1. just harvested my plats 2 day (pics comming) andmy q is, is there anyway 2 dry just alittle bit rlly fast, cuz i wanna see how good it turned out?

2. break it up a little and stick it on a plate ontop of an oil heater for about an hour. Or you coulde microwave it....

3. NO FOOL!!

First of all...dont microwave it....the heat will decade your precious THC!

Second of all.... quicker drying = harsher bud to smoke...

...if you want nice, smooth smoke...let the drying process take time if possible

4. Cut yourself a nice little bud, cut it up a bit and stick it on a piece of foil on the back of your Monitor, normally if the buds aren't really gorged with water you should have a dry smokable bud in a couple of hours BUT as s12fever said the quicker they dry the harsher the smoke will be.

I regularly dry a taster bud on top of my monitor and can honestly say only once has it had me coughing badly

5. I like testing by putting the bud in small paper bag(no cutting it up) and placing it on my laptop for a day(laptop great source of low heat). Dry's it nicely, but it still going to be harsh. In fact just drying bud will not remove all the harshness, it must be cured to do that. So while you will get an indication of the buds potency, you'll never get the full effects until it is dried and cured properly.

6. my last harvest i took about an 1/8th and put it on the top shelf of the food dehydrator and set it on low. about 6 hours later it was perfectly dry and was remarkable smooth for drying fast like that. i'll prolly do this next time too just for some to hold me over.

7. Firstly Id like to say your NOT A FOOL for wanting to preview the fruits of your labor.
    Frankly I believe only a FOOL wouldnt be interested to see what thier plant has produced

nuff said..:cool:

yesterday I cut several 2-3 inch buds from different strains "I hadnt grown before"
    for the want of a different buzz and to sooth my curiosity.
    I put my budlets on my PC monitor last nite and am burning a test bowl for my morning "Wake N Bake" while typing this:smoking:

8. tis true! i understand if you wanna try your stuff out, but quickdrying wont let you know how good it is, i went on vacation for 3 days to get my girlfriend and wantyed my fresh cut buds ready to suprise her when we got home, so i put a fan pulling air through them for 3 days while i was gone, dried them up nicley, beautiful buds and everything, but the smoke was so harsh, had trouble taking regular sized rips. but if its a sample i understand, just dont expect to get anything near what hang drying will taste and feel like. good luck!

9. true, I only quick dry buds when i absolutley have to...and even then i dont want to dry them so quick.... but quick drying during a dry spell works(as harsh as it may be) .

10. #10 hambone1, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009

I have a way of quick drying your weed that nobody mentions, that does not effect taste or deminish thc potency. I use this same method with my magic mushrooms.
    First thing you do is take a plastic tub that is adequit for the amount of weed you plan to dry, then buy a metal screen that is slightly larger than the tub, then bend the screen so that your weed is held about 8" off bottom of the tub, then add dry ease or a simular product(its used for removing moisture from the air of rv's and boats). Add about 2-3 inches on the bottom, under the screen(dont let the your weed touch the stuff or you will taste it. Then put the lid on the tub and wrap duct tape around lid to seal. Weed will be ready in one to two nights.Its is ready then and taste good but i stick in jars for finish curing. IT WORKS GOOD