Quick couple of questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by â’¸anadianBuds, Dec 19, 2012.

1. If someone could please check out my most recent 2 posts in my journal, and give me a little input? I am having some yellowing, and a little curling of the leaves that I am not sure about. I also need to know how close to have my 600w cooltube to the tops of my plants. Thanks blades!

2. In my experience the two little guys that are yellowed, typically yellow and fall off. I don't believe that is anything to be concerned about right now. IF you were to get yellowing top leaves, I would say it could be due to overwatering.

Your curling leaves looks like "nute burn". I didn't read the whole journal so if you're adding nutrients to your plants, make sure that you're adding the right amount. Also remember, that your soil (especially miracle grow, and many others) already have nutrients in them, so you may have to adjust your liquid nutrient mixes.

3. Yeah the little round cotyledons are supposed to yellow, but I'm talking about the first set of true-leaves. The soil I have has basically nothing in it, just peat, perlite, and a little potting soil. I haven't been giving them a full dose of nutrients either, so I doubt it's nutrient burn. From what I've read, the leaf margins, or edges, will turn up like that due to heat stress. And the first set of true-leaves turning yellow is from the Ph being off/lack of nutrients. Does that sound right to anyone?

4. Can anyone else help me out? I want to make sure it's nothing serious, as well I don't want to leave the lights like they are if their too close.

5. If you had heat stress your leaves would be curling up. Looks like burn/def to me, other than that they all look real good. Keep an eye on your ph and like another poster mentioned, monitoring your ec will help you not overfeed... if you've got an ec meter, that is.

Personally, I use aact teas to correct deficiencies and leave my synthetics on the shelf, plants love me for it :smoke:

6. If you look at this link under 'Temperature", the picture looks exactly like what is wrong with a couple of my plants in pic 3 & 4 of my most recent update, that's why I thought it could be from the temps being too high. Unfortunately, I don't have an ec meter, but I'm very careful with watering/feeding. If it feels like the soil is dry, I'll wait till the next day to water, to make sure I don't over water/feed. I might give some teas a try, cause it certainly looks like something is wrong. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't spread.
    Growery - Diagnosis

7. Very nice, sounds like you're doing everything right. In my experience, heat stress begins with the edges of the leaves curling up before they begin to turn brown, it's not a big deal, lot of the pros have symptoms in their journals. Heat stress will be more obvious before it becomes necrotic like that, in my experience.

For the most part, a little heat stress won't kill your grow... had some on my 250 scrog