Quick and easy question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheBillCollecto, May 5, 2008.

1. I know a 400W HID light is usually enough to cover a 4 x 4 area or 10-12 plants or less.

My question, I'm going to have a 4' x 8' mylar covered room with 20-24 plants, will a 400W MH along with 2-4 strategically placed 4' 2700 lumens cool white cfls be enough light just for the vegetative stage?

I plan to use a 1000W HPS throughout the flowering stage. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some helpful input.

2. You probably want to get another 400watt lamp to fill that area. It may be ok in a in something more square, but 4x8 is too rectangular to allow one hps light to get to all of the plants without using a lightmover. Even a 1000watt in a 4x8 is going to be hard to pull off. I'd recommend 2-400watt or 2-600watt lamps for that area. Or take advantage of the size and split it up to make a 3x4 mom/clone room, using that 400watt in there, and veg some moms in there, and a make a seperate 4x4 flower room, (using the middle leftover space for electronics to cut down on heat) and Do a perpetual harvest. Then use your 1000 watt unit in the flower side (could get away with a 600watt in that size though)

3. thats a good advice man

i defenetly would do like the MAN told u
    + some big CFL bulbs for your early veg