quetions about original strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by nuggetroaster1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. whats up everyone i was wondering if anyone knew what sites have the best originals like NL, skunk, diesel, and of course cheese?

2. nuggetroaster, you sort of have two different questions intertwined there. Here is how I would break that out:

• Which breeders have the authentic genetics for the iconic hybrid strains?
    • Where do you recommend I obtain strain X produced by breeder Y?

Online seed shops, referred to here as "seed banks" typically sell seeds from many different breeders. Each breeder represented on the site may have many different cannabis strains for sale.

The breeder produces the seeds. The seed bank does the order fulfillment.

For example, Attitude Seeds is a seed bank offering strains from many breeders.

There are online shops that do not identify the breeders of the seeds they offer. I don't buy seeds from those sites. Who knows what they are selling or where it came from?

Attitude Seeds is probably the most popular seed bank at the moment. I have purchased seeds there twice. Everything went well both times. I've purchased seeds from the Single Seed Centre once. That went smoothly also.

I'll forgo making any specific Skunk, Northern Lights or diesel recommendations. Breeders held in high repute by many are: Serious Seeds, Sensi, DJ Short, Mr. Nice, TGA Subcool, Barney's Farm, Female Seeds. Nirvana is well regarded as a purveyor of moderately priced seeds. There are many other good breeders, but that is a fairly uncontroversial list.

3. if you look at those "no name" breeder seedbanks that are selling beans at $50-$75 or possibly even more, they're selling the exact same nirvana stuff you can get for $25 elsewhere! one such site at least is listed in the legit seedbank sticky here even.

it's always a good idea to window shop & research before buying so you can smell that gouging shit a mile away

$75 skunk #1, white widow, AK-47, bubblegum, hindu kush & white rhino? hmmm... who else sells those strains?

4. there's an idea... sample more than one if you can get singles. even if i have no interest in indicas, i'd still love to read a side by side comparison of the same strain from different breeders. i had a similar question a few years ago regarding the 3 different breeders who sold california orange not counting the one dutch bank that called a strain california orange BUD without mentioning anything about the strain tasting like oranges as real cali-o should. i still think they just borrowed the name to make a schwag indica with orange pistils sound like something it isn't.