Questtiton about a glass pipe being sent to my house.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason2025, Nov 4, 2009.

1. #1 Jason2025, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    So my brother is 17 and im out of town for two weeks. He has a debit card.. i was wondering if he used his debit card to purchase it, when the product arrives would the ups people make him sign anything since hes not 18? Cause the pipe is for me, or will they not make him sign something..

2. They'll prob ID him just to see the pipe.

3. well how would the ups guy know whats in the box?

4. they're not gonna ID him, they're gonna say "sign here" just for acknowledgement that the package was received at the residence.

5. yeah, they won't ID.
    no worries.

6. All you need is a debit card to order from here?

7. They'll likely have a screening process for age verification which is usually done through your credit card. I don't know how they'll do it for debit though.. Don't use the card of someone underage!

8. You can't get a debit card unless your 18, or if your parents are on your account and the card is in their name, you can only get a mac card, n you can't make a purchase with a mac card

9. Nah I had a debit card when I was 16... I went to the bank and set it up myself. I didnt need my parents at all. The UPS guy wont have any idea whats in the package, he won't ID.

10. Lol, you can go to nearly any grocery store and buy a reloadable visa debit card for like 10$, then you just gotta put money on it.

11. The package won't say the exact item in it, at most, it will say the company name, if anything.

12. I'm thinking that YOU are the 17-year-old and YOU want to buy the pipe w/ YOUR debit card... It's all good man. haha I was young once. Anyways... They shouldn't give you shit at the door.

13. What payment option did you use OP?

14. lol, this is the equivalent of, "So, I have this friend who has a problem..."

Hilarious.

15. What about one of those pre-payed credit cards? can you use them?

16. If its your real debit card I wouldn't suggest purchasing anything online. Got to like a walmart and grab one of those gift cards that act as debit cards.

You never should use a debit card online, It's just not safe. Debit cards are for store transactions only, if your going to buy online use a credit card or one of those gift cards like I said.

17. :rolleyes: Are people still saying this BS. Do you realize how many people see your credit/debit card info in real world transactions? With your logic people should NEVER use a credit card.

If you purchase from reputable sites that use secure transaction methods you have nothing to worry about. It's all about being a responsible consumer.

I've been using a credit card online for years without problems, along with billions of other people each and every day.

18. UPS usually doesn't do signitures even, sometimes they do sometimes they dont, but all that its for is security that the package went to the hands of the purchaser, they dont know what inside unless it says "CAREFUL PIPE INSIDE" lol

19. yeah....credit cards are what you are supposed to use. The reason you don't use debit cards is, if they get your info your money is theres and there is nothing you can do about it. Once your money is spent its spent. On a credit card if they get your info and start spending its a lot easier to file fraud and get your money back.

Credit cards are a lot easier to keep safe from fraud

Debit cards are just money sitting waiting to be withdrawn and then theres nothing you can do.

20. Mate go on everybodydoesit.com good choice of pipes and depending on size next day delivery no need to sign even if you do have to sign no need of id either