Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Adeluca61, Feb 4, 2009.

1. #1 Adeluca61, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    Hello everybody, i have a few questions concerning my up and coming crop. i have 5 plants growing very quickly and 8 seedlings on the way. the 5 are only a week old but they're growing a lot faster than i had anticipated. the biggest is already about 4 inches high and has 2 sets of the spear-headed leaves (only one spear on each but i think i can see the first set beginning to spread more).

1. Is the plant always producing THC? and if so, once i find out which are male, once i chop them can they be dried and smoked (or rather would it even be worth the trouble)?

2. I read about changing the light cycle in order to induce the flowering process, but i've been keeping them under 20-24 hours of light a day. Will it begin the flowering process without taking away the light? i really want to keep them growing at the rate they're growing now. If so, when will this process begin? i really want to pick out the males ASAP

3. Once i have a female with a large enough bud, what is the best way to harvest without killing the plant? Also is it possible to do it so that the plant grows another bud?

thanks in advance for all your help

2. MJ is an ANNUAL plant. It sprouts in the spring, produces bud in summer and autumn, then dies in late autumn, stting seed for the following year. You need to do a lot of reading. But there is masses of info here.

3. Looks like you have alot of reading to do, stickies are your friend. Ill give you some quick answers though..

1. No and no.

2. No, it will flower once they are introduced to 12/12 on/off cycle.

3. Just cut it off? Assuming it would be the main or top cola, the rest of the plant will continue to mature, just don't go too crazy or it will stress out. The rest of the question deals with revegging, search for it, never done it myself.

peace