Questions with my water storage and when to transplant babies to fox farm ocean forrest soil(2gallon pots)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by nhancock1990, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 nhancock1990, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Hello, this is my first grow and my very first forum to ever create an account with. figured i might as well. My main question was about the water and also when i should transplant my babies from their little red cups to the diffferent containers (about 2 gallons, then 5 gallon pots towards end). they are looking pretty decent right now but a couple have a few yellow leaves. i just adjusted my ph to 6 and currently have a 10 gallon tote im using to store the water( half the water is distilled from stores and other half is from my sink in kitchen which is well water. i have a air pump with a round air stone for mixing my nutes and giving water oxygen. im only using calmag and hygrozyme at the moment and plan on getting a RO system soon. i dont think the one that came with my house works, ive messed with it plenty of times.. im just curious as to see how other people have their water storage set up and good cheap RO set ups with Good Cheap water reseviors. thanks so much in advanced!!

****Just edited post and attached some pics to give anyone a better idea of what i got.. im using calmag and fox farm nutes and hygrozyme. also when i transplant ill be putting into fox farm organic soil so i wont be using the fox farm nutes for a couples weeks since the soil contains enough for the small guys already. they are also running on 600 watts, wondering when should i bump it up to 1000? i have a dimmable ballast.***
    IMG_0932_1024.jpg IMG_0924_1024.jpg
    IMG_0928_1024.jpg
    IMG_0929_1024.jpg
    IMG_0931_1024.jpg

2. i just dont want to transplant too soon so my small guys die from the new soil.. ik i need to let the root system develop but was wondering if their are any other ways of checking cause the drain holes r small n i cant tell how the root system is...

3. also mabye when should i start moving the light so its about the standard 18" away and on full blast? any takers? :/ gonna see how theor root development looks today in a few then i will post updates

4. You can go ahead and put the light much closer. Just monitor temps at the plant level so you don't scorch them. I'd go ahead and transplant now. But that's just the way I do it. I wouldn't want them to get much bigger in those solo cups. But when I did soil grows I tried to limit myself to one transplant in a grow to cut down on stress. I absolutely never transplanted during flowering. But I'm not sure what you meant by saying you would transplant again "near the end." Go ahead and transplant. The girls will love it.

5. Thanks! They are looking really good now! And I'm gonna move them from these 2 gallon pots to 5 gallon pots like half way through veg. Not sure yet.. Don't wanna rush it. Don't wanna wait either lol. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389837990.596567.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum