Questions on sex, relationships, and child rearing

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Buddy Dink, Jan 8, 2011.

1. I saw this article today...

'Mother,' 'Father' Changing to 'Parent One,' 'Parent Two' on Passport Applications - FoxNews.com

...and started thinking about marriage, relationships, sex, child rearing, etc.

Do you guys think it will ever be normal for, let us say, 3 men and 1 woman to raise a child in a loving household? I mean the numbers and the genders to me seem arbitrary. I understand that traditional methods are hard to break, and jealousy will probably never go away, but these things seem acceptable to me. If 3 men and 1 woman love each other and they want to raise a child, what is going to stop them? What will be any different?

Do you think this will ever be acceptable to society? I think it will; it will just take some time. I dislike the stigma surrounding things like love, sex, and relationships. They seem so utterly unnecessary and arbitrary to me.

2. I pretty much agree with everything you said. Having more primary caregivers with whom one could form a secure attachment with seems like it would only benefit the child.

I find it strange and stupid that people are even upset about this change in the passport. It would apply to more than just homosexuals couples anyway, like if a child was being raised by their grandparents or something. I found this quote particularly ridiculous:

Sounds like Pastor Jeffress needs to read up on the scientific literature about families and child rearing.

3. Kids are adaptable- they don't care about the number of "daddies and mommies". It's other grown-ups (with their narrow minds) that are the problem! What is much more important is the love that must be there to raise a good human being!

Personally, I believe that the nuclear family is one of the worst things that ever happened to women! A clan situation is much more sensible! Just thinking about the housework- Say the floor needs sweeping. For one woman, it's a chore, but if two share the chore, there is half the work per person and someone to chat with. Likewise with the kids, it yours are bugging you, send them to play with "Aunt Mary's" kids!

The nuclear family is also a set-up for abuse- every man is the "king of his castle", which is nice for everyone if you have a "benign ruler", but all too often there are the "despotic tyrants". :( My own marriage is fine, but women talk to me like they've known me for years. I hear a lot of ugly stories.

And I do hope that you guys remember that a lack of a penis does not automatically make a person the "house slave"! Do your fair share of the housework! (She will love you for it!)

Granny :wave:

(ps- If you want a MMJ education, click that first link in my sig! )